Sunday, January 22, 2006

Totally Wireless

Thanks to my friend Dan from Information Technology Systems, my home network is now wireless! I can now sit in the living room with my laptop and be on-line, print to the laser printer from any of our three computers, and share files between the computers. God, I love technology!

Frankly, with two on-line classes this semester, I'm just relieved to be back on the 'net after the death of our old router. The other day I had to take my laptop to the local library so I could work on my classes. This seemed like a good idea, especially since the library now has Wi-Fi, but it's not a good solution if you live in a small town. I was there for an hour and ran into three people I know. All of them wanted to visit and admire my laptop, which was nice but distracting.

Now the only thing I have to worry about is power failure... :)

No comments: