Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

At long last, the overnight temperature dropped to freezing! It was two weeks later than usual, but a killing frost means an end to ragweed, bane of allergy sufferers. Hoo-ray! At last:
  • I can turn off my central air conditioning (i.e., my friend the big pollen filter) and open the windows
  • I'll be able to walk in the park and breathe through my nose at the same time
  • My chances for sinus infections will decrease
As an added benefit, I'll have beautiful fall colors to enjoy... just in time for a trip to Traverse City this coming weekend.

I'm doing my happy dance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The frost puts a damper on mosquitos, too. I've had West Nile Virus 4 times already this summer. I don't think I could take any more.

Jim said...

You know, I didn't realize it, but I was also able to breathe through my nose today. Still, I don't think 31 degrees guarantees the death of all weeds. They may come back. Steel yourself!

The Cat Bastet said...

Mitch, I'm hoping it killed the ragweed, mold, and mosquitoes... but I've got a good supply of Allegra just in case!