Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superbowl Commercials

The groundhog was right: we got about 5 inches of snow Saturday night. Detroit cleared the snow in record time, wanting to make a good impression on all the people in town for the Superbowl. (Detroit residents: I'd be insulted if I were you! The city has shown they really can remove snow efficiently when they choose to. Their actions are saying that out of town guests are more important than you are.)

Speaking of the Superbowl, my favorite part is the commercials. I just found the Superbowl Ads site where you can watch the ads; some are also available through iTunes. This year my favorites fell into two categories: funny and TV/movie ads.

My Favorite Funny Commercials
* Budweiser. I loved the baby Clydesdale trying to pull the wagon. How adorable!
* Career Builder. We all know the guy who works with monkeys (I love those commercials!); now he has met a girl who works with jackasses. LOL.
* Aleve. Leonard Nimoy can give Trekkies the Vulcan salute thanks to arthritis-relieving Aleve.

My Favorite TV/Movie Ads
* Lost. There were several but my favorite was the guy singing something like "admit it you're hooked on Lost." Watch the Commerical on ABC!
* Pirates of the Caribbean. Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, pirates, swashbuckling -- what's not to like?

Best of all was the 2nd Annual Puppy Bowl (with Kitty Half Time Show) on Animal Planet. We watched it twice. How can anyone resist watching puppies and kitties playing? (Yes, I am easily amused.)

No comments: