Thursday, June 28, 2007

Night Blind by Jan Worth

Looking for something interesting and unusual to read? I recommend Night Blind by Jan Worth. It's the story of a Peace Corps murder in the Kingdom of Tonga in the 1970s (based on a real murder in Tonga when Jan was a Peace Corps volunteer). It's not a typical who-done-it murder mystery but it is an intriguing look at how this horrible crime affected other young Peace Corps volunteers. I especially like the setting. I knew nothing about Tonga before reading it and felt like I went on a little vacation in this beautiful, tropical setting.

Jan is a dear colleague of mine and I'm so proud of her success! She self-published her novel through iUniverse and is doing well. She recently attended Book Expo America in New York where she recorded a podcast (also available in iTunes) for Book Expo's Author's Studio. You can read more by and about Jan on her blog.

No comments: