Monday, September 10, 2007

More Bees!

Do you remember the character Rob McKenna in Douglas Adams' So Long and Thanks for All the Fish? Rob could never figure out why it always rained, no matter where he went. Unbeknownst to Rob, he was a rain god; rain loved him and wanted to be with him wherever he went. I'm beginning to feel like that, but with bees. Remember the secret elephant graveyard in Tarzan? My living room is like, but with bees.

Yes, every day I find still find dead bees on the floor of the living room. Almost every day I find live ones crawling on the sliding door. My phobia is getting better: I can now pick up the dead ones with my bare hands and shoo the live ones outside with a paper towel (and most of the time I no longer panic and kill them). I am awfully tired of bees and still concerned that they will sting the cats, since I inevitably find the right next to the cats' favorite spots. At least fall is in sight and I won't have to deal with this once the cool weather gets here. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Macy Swain said...

What kinds of bees are they? At least there still are some...is that the upside?
Rooting for the bees -- Macy