Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Candy Corn Temptation

Normally, I don't like very sweet treats but there is one kind of candy I can not resist: candy corn. Those little orange, yellow, and white corn-shaped pieces and the little pumpkins call to me from every store I enter. There are bags and bags of the stuff as far as the eye can see and, worse yet, it's all on sale!

The problem, you see, is that I can't eat a piece or two and be satisfied. I can eat one Reese's miniature peanutbutter cup or one petit four and not want more. With candy corn, I can't stop. I've never eaten a whole bag at once or made myself sick, but you get the idea. One year someone put a container of those little pumpkins on top of the microwave at work, which is right outside my office door. Every time I went in or out I had a candy corn pumpkin -- and I gained 5 pounds!

Ideally, I want a few pieces, then I need to give the bag to someone else to take away where I'll never see it again. Unfortunately, I know very few people who love candy corn as much as I do, so I don't have anyone to foist it off on.

Next Wed. is Halloween which I love and am looking forward to, but I dread the temptation of next Thurs. when all the leftover candy corn shows up at work, on top of the microwave, just outside my office door...

No comments: