Sunday, December 14, 2008

Strange Blogger Problem

Now that my end-of-the-semester grading is done, I have time to think about blogging again. A while ago I noticed a strange problem with blogger but have been to busy to actually write about it. Since I added the code for expandable posts, Blogger's Layout/Page Elements feature is disabled. (For you techie geeks, the error message says:
Error interpreting blog template

Invalid data reference post.url:com.google.layouts.framework.widgetview. GoogleMarkupException: No dictionary named: 'post' in: ['blog']
This means that to edit my layout I have to remove the related code from my template, update the layout, then post the code back in so I don't mess us the expandable posts. It doesn't take long but I find it annoying, which is why I haven't updated my summer reading list until now.

Does anyone know a better solution?

I tried Blogger Help and several discussion boards with no luck. I'd post the code in question, here but Blogger won't let me. If you want to see it, e-mail me and I will send it to you.

No comments: