Sunday, August 30, 2009

RIP Sister Carol Anne

I just learned that one of my favorite authors, Sister Carol Anne O'Marie who wrote the Sister Mary Helen mysteries, died in May from Parkinson's disease. After seeing a death date on her Stop You're Killing Me page, I found her obituary and a nice article in the online Catholic Voice about her homeless shelter: "Nuns continue ministry to homeless women in Oakland."

I found this picture and a nice remembrance of her on Stephen Danko's web site. There's another nice tribute on Janet Randolph's blog.

I'm so sorry to hear of her death and to learn that she suffered from Parkinson's disease. Apparently she didn't let it slow down her writing or her ministry! God bless you, Sister. I wish I could have met you in person but am glad to know you indirectly through your books. Rest in peace.

No comments: