Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I am so glad today is election day! Not only do I get to exercise my right to vote, today means an end to the six or eight election phone calls we've been getting daily for the last few weeks. I don't know why they bother. I'm sure I'm not the only person who ignores such phone calls. I don't even listen to their annoying messages!

Did you vote today? I voted on my way to work. Isn't voting more fun nowadays, thanks to Al Gore? Instead of good, old poke-a-hole-in-the-punchcard-ballots we get to color in all the bubbles, and there were a lot of bubbles this time. I hope these scan-tron ballots aren't too sensitive. I always wonder if I filled in the bubbles completely enough and what happens if I go outside the lines a little? I try not to think about it; it takes long enough to just color in the bubbles without worrying about things like staying inside the lines.

I'm sure voting today took longer than the last election. I had to wait in line to get a ballot, then wait in line forever to get a booth. I don't know if the people ahead of me were reading all the proposals for the first time or just taking forver to color in the bubbles, but they sure took their time!

If you have not yet done so, go vote. Just be sure to color in the bubbles completely and stay inside the lines.

No comments: