Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No Costume, No Candy

Last night I handed out candy to trick-or-treaters at my friends' house while they took their kids out trick-or-treating. I only have two rules. To get candy kids must:

1. Wear a costume
2. Say "Trick or Treat"

Older kids who don't have a costume can sing for their candy. You'd be surprised at how many just walk away instead! (At least two this year.) I only had one rude teenager who complained that he didn't like the candy. I told him he was out of luck. (The rude little @#$%^!)

My friend said some older boys were picking on her girls (ages 9 and 12) while they were trick-or-treating. She finally had to yell at him to leave the girls alone, but he backed off then. That's the only problem we had all night. Small potatoes compared to the number of arson fires in Flint last night.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. I love seeing the little kids in their costumes, playing the scary music CDs, and re-living my own trick-or-treating days.

No comments: