Saturday, January 12, 2008

Christmas Cactus

Isn't this a beautiful Christmas Cactus? It is about 50 years old and was my grandma's. When we were preparing for my uncle's funeral we noticed that it was blooming. You may not be able to tell from this picture, but it is also full of buds! I've never had good luck with Christmas Cactuses (Cacti?) so I just hope we can keep it alive.

By the way, don't tell the plant it's supposed to bloom only at Christmas. It blooms from about Christmas to about Easter.

3 comments:

Jason Fisher said...

What a lovely plant! I’ve never heard of a Christmas Cactus before. :)

The Cat Bastet said...

Thanks, Jase! Wikipedia has even nicer pictures.

My brother corrected me: our Christmas Cactus is over 50 years old! Our grandma brought it to Michigan when they moved here from Missouri. Wow.

Jason Fisher said...

50 years old?! That's wild!