Thursday, July 26, 2007

#$%& Ragweed!

Summer's here and the time is right for Ragweed pollen. Crap. I hate this stuff! The mold level has remained relentlessly high all summer, now there is also Ragweed. I don't need to see an allergy report to know it's here. The first clue was when I woke up earlier this week with swollen, itchy eyes -- and that's with prescription allergy medicine and central air conditioning (my friend, the big pollen filter).

SIGH. Only two more months until my friend Jack Frost shows up to kill the Ragweed. October seems unbearably far away right now.

2 comments:

Jason Fisher said...

I have terrible allergies, too, so I can really empathize. (*Achooo!!*) Clarinex works well for me. It’s like Claritin, only on steroids. And no drowsiness. Good luck!

The Cat Bastet said...

Claritin is good but Allegra works better for me. Nasacort (Rx nasal spray) and Patanol & Pataday (Rx eye drops that you can use even if you wear contact lenses) also help when the Ragweed gets really bad.

Good luck to you, too! I know you don't get snow, and I hope you don't have pollen all winter!