Sunday, January 01, 2012

The Titanic Books is Here at Last!

I spent my summer working on this book with 10 of my Titanic friends. It finally arrived Christmas Eve. I am proud to work with so many prominent "Titanicologists"!

The format is based on the report for the British Inquiry but we've included 100 years of research and forensic analysis. We know so much more than we did at the time of the disaster and the book reflects the most current research on every aspect of the disaster.

I worked with George Behe on the treatment of the Third Class Passengers and the question of gates. Were passengers really locked in and left to die? Most Titanic scholars have long believed this to be a myth since no gates are depicted on the blueprints, but George and I have some interesting passenger accounts to the contrary. You can read a summary in Ch. 8 and excruciating details in Appendix J.

Where can you purchase this magnificent book?
Amazon UK (available now) and Amazon US (available April 2012). In the meantime, you can also visit the official book site.

*****

I got out of the habit of blogging when my arm was in a cast after my elbow reconstruction. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to begin blogging again. Happy New Year!

No comments: