It's certainly brighter than the last few covers. I'm taking it as a sign there will be a bright, happy ending.
My predictions for book 7:
- Harry will kill Voldemort
- Harry will not die
- Despite his attempts to face Voldemort alone, Harry will be assisted by Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of Dumbledore's Army, the Order of the Phoenix, etc.
- Neville will turn out to be a really powerful and competent wizard, much to everyone's surprise. Likewise for Luna.
- Everyone will be surprised when Snape turns out to be a good guy after all and helps Harry defeat Voldemort
- Snape will die and we'll all feel bad because he will have proven he really was loyal to Dumbledore all along. (He killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders, to convince Voldemort and the Deatheaters of his loyalty to Voldemort, you know!)
- Jo Rowling has said there will be two deaths. As I've predicted above, I say Voldemort and Snape, but I wouldn't be surprised if Harry lost another parental-figure, I just hope it's not one of the Weasleys!
Update Mar. 31, 2007
Ideas I've Heard From Others:
- RAB = Sirius Black's brother, Regulus and the locket is in #12 Grimauld Place (Harry and the Weasleys found it when cleaning but didn't realize it was a horcrux).
- Is Harry a horcrux?