The festival started tonight with a parade (usually a good one -- about 1.5 hours), an ice cream social at the firehall, and fireworks in the park. After a day in the park with four of my great-nieces and -nephews, I was so tired I skipped the parade. We live behind the part and I had hoped to watch the fireworks from home but they weren't above the trees. How disappointing. By the time I realized that, I was far too tired to drive over to the football field (since we no longer live close enough to walk) and try to find a place to park before it was over. How disappointing!
Activities for the rest of the weekend include:
- A carnival at Hahn Middle School Wednesday night - Sunday
- Karoke at Davison House (formerly known as the Davison Hotel) Thusday night and Sunday night
- A car cruise downtown Friday night
- Family Movie Night at Colonial Square Friday night (showing Open Season starting at dusk)
- A beer tent at Madden's (local pub) on Friday and Saturday nights
- Art in the Park on Saturday and Sunday
- A quilt show at First Batist Church Saturday
- Miss Davison Tea Party at Trinity Lutheran Church Saturday
- A chicken dinner at the Masonic Temple Sunday
I always enjoy the Festival, especially the Art in the Park. If you are looking for something to do this weekend, come to Davison and join the fun.