Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Why I Love My Car Dealership

Despite GM's recent benefit cuts for retirees and omitting Flint from its 100 year celebration (as blogged by my buddy Mitch Gann), I love my GM car and I especially love my car dealership, Hank Graff Chevrolet in Davison, MI.

I recently took my car in for routine maintenance and asked them to look at the driver's window, which recently started screeching when I put it down. They fixed it but it turns out the window was not under warranty. I didn't mind paying $30 until I realized it still screeched after it was fixed!

When I took it back Kody, a nice young man in the service department, investigated further and even called GM. Seems this is happening in some cars and it has to do with the insulation strip in the door scratching the class. GM would replace the faulty part -- for $50 per window. I wasn't happy with that but Kody and his Service Manager offered me a good deal: they would do both front windows for $50 (including the $30 I'd already paid), give me a free loaner, and add an extra oil change to my service plan. I was much happier with this deal made an appointment to drop it off next Tues.

I was even happier when Kody called me at home a short while later. He talked to GM again and they agreed to fix both windows, free, and Hang Graff will give me $30 back! It will only take about an hour, so I won't even need a loaner.

Kody, you're the best. Needless to say, I'll be a Hank Graff customer for the rest of my life!

No comments: